Referrals to Psych Clinic can be from Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and LCSWs
The child or adolescent must reside in Lafayette parish, and acceptable diagnosis include: Autism Spectrum, Conduct disorders, Trauma Disorders, Intermittent Explosive disorder, and ADHD.
Children’s Special Health Services (CSHS) is a program for children in Louisiana with special health care needs. A child with special needs is:
- a child with a health problem that affects how the child grows, moves, and acts, AND
- a child who needs more health services than most other children.
CSHS Commonly seen conditions:
- Audiology: Hearing Loss or Deafness
- Cardiology: Ventricular septal defect, atrial septal defect, defect of heart valves.
- Cleft lip and Palate
- Neurology: seizures, cerebral palsy, stroke, brain injury
- Neurosurgery: hydrocephalus, malformations of the brain, spina bifida
- Ophthalmology: strabismus, amblyopia, cataracts, glaucoma, birth defects of the eye.
- Orthopedic: Cerebral Palsy, Scoliosis, Club Foot, Spinal Cord injuries, spina bifid
- Otology: Hearing Loss, Birth defects of the ear, frequent ear infections.
- Plastic Surgery: Scars or contracture that limit function or movement
- Family Resource Center: Care coordination services, information and referral for community resources.